Not many recording artists carry the titles “singer, rapper, songwriter & producer” and stand out in each category. That's what makes B.Reith (pronounced RYE-TH) so unique, and why so many people have fallen in love with his authentic sound.
B.Reith (born Brian Reith) grew up in Milwaukee and began singing on commercials at the age of five. His father owned a recording studio, in which Brian fell in love with the art of creating music. Singing and performing at churches and in school was the playground where he developed a passion for entertaining others by serving them with his gifts.
After moving to Nashville he was discovered by Gotee founder Toby Mac, who after hearing the demo Brian produced in his bedroom for the first time pulled his car over to the side of the road. "It's amazing when God truly gives someone a gift," says Toby. "Brian is just naturally gifted from God vocally and his lyrics, when they hit tape, they sort of just ease into your heart."
With influences ranging from Stevie Wonder to John Mayer to Lauryn Hill, B.Reith comes from a unique place that combines classic soul and pop with modern hip hop. “God gave me an ear to pick up things,” says Brian. “My style is just an accumulation of what I’ve heard throughout my life, channeled through the unique talents that God has given me.”
This unique skill set has opened up doors for B.Reith to perform in both the CCM and Gospel market, touring with artists ranging from Toby Mac, Reliant K and Family Force Five to Mali Music, PJ Morton, Da T.R.U.T.H. and Jessica Reedy. "As a music fan, I come from a mixed background," says Brian. "I speak many different dialects. One of my callings is to cross cultural barriers and promote diversity. Stylistically, I just want to make good music that connects with people."
- Toured with Toby Mac, Mali Music, Jessica Reedy, PJ Morton, Reliant K, Family Force Five, Da T.R.U.T.H., Jars of Clay, Thousand Foot Krutch,
- Collaborated with artists such as Lecrae, PJ Morton, Christon Gray, Gungor, Dave Barnes, Da T.R.U.T.H.
- His current album How The Story Ends debuted at #4 on iTunes in November, 2011 and #25 on Billboard Heatseekers Chart.
- Previous release Now Is Not Forever charted #2 on R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and #32 on Heatseekers chart.
- 2-time Dove Award Nominee
- Featured on Winter Wonder Slam Tour, Creation Festival Tour, The Misfit Tour and the MOVE Tour.
- Released two full-length albums, Now Is Not Forever, and How The Story Ends, as well as an EP, The Forecast and a mixtape How The Story Continues Vol. 1.
- Many songs from Now Is Not Forever and How The Story Ends can be heard in multiple national retail/food outlets including, American Eagle, H&M, Journeys, Panera Bread, & Chik-fil-A